This course is designed to be an introduction to altitude diving and to help the student diver develop the skills,
knowledge and techniques necessary for altitude diving.
To qualify for the Altitude Diver course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 10 years of age or older.
This course covers the knowledge and techniques of boat diving. The minimum number of recommended hours is 12, with time being equally divided between knowledge development and actual water-training sessions. To conduct a Boat Diver course, the following is to be included:
- the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of boat diving.
- proper boat diving etiquette -storage of personal equipment, personal conduct and considerations for care of the boat.
- basic, common boat terminology.
- specific boat diving laws and/or ordinances.
- local boat diving laws and/or ordinances.
- overview of emergency/safety equipment needed on-board private diving vessels.